You have the right to be treated with courtesy, dignity and respect.
- It is your responsibility to extend the same courtesy and politeness to the practice team.
You have the right to be seen urgently if your condition necessitates this.
- It is your responsibility not to misuse urgent appointments that may be required for other patients.
You have the right to be informed if you will be kept waiting for more than 30 minutes past your appointment time.
- It is your responsibility to inform us in advance if you are unable to keep your appointment.
You have the right to request a home visit if your illness or infirmity renders you housebound.
- It is your responsibility not to request a home visit unless it is strictly medically necessary. (Please note that your doctor has both the right and the responsibility to make a final decision on whether a home visit will be made.)
You have the right to collect your repeat prescription on the working afternoon 48 hours following your request.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you order your repeat prescription in good time.
It is your right to expect a high standard of efficient and up-to-date healthcare.
- It is your responsibility to aid us in providing this, by being aware of the information on our website and accessing our services appropriately.